Saturday, May 26, 2012

Introduction

A place for me to write and update where I am on my art status/game creating status and things of the sorts. First ever blog, yay!

Anyways my name is Milly Arsenault. I am 14 years of age currently. I am American, and currently living in the United States.

My current obsession is something called an "otome", which is a game for girls where they can win over the hearts of a few men. Oddly enough, I wouldn't call myself a romantic! I just see myself fascinated in creating games that others can relate to. Saying such, I am aspiring to create an otome, or perhaps just a regular visual novel? I'm not sure of all of the details myself, or if I'm even going to finish what I've started, but I'm going to try!

Another obsession of mine would be Homestuck, although I don't see myself as an obnoxious fan.

As for experience in what I'm trying to create and the purpose of this blog...
I have never scripted before (Well, actually, I tried to start an otome a few days ago, and it was my first time even seeing a script thing.)
I have drawn since I could remember, but I'm not very good at it. Still, I choose to practice and try to get better every day! Life isn't fun without a goal, don't you think?

Going from that philosophy, this blog was thus born into the world at 8:05 AM on Saturday, May 26th, 2012.
If I don't finish making this game I'm working on, my backup goal is to keep trying to make games, and look back on today.

Why do I want to make an otome?
Because I feel like I can I can accomplish a huge milestone in making art, and I'd like to get a lot better at scripting. I also want to make people feel as happy as I've felt playing such games, and possibly add a few more games onto the list of free otomes. Adding to that, I really, really love what I'm trying to do. I'm not sure if I just love scripting although it's tedious, or just a combination of everything I've already said.

Anyways, I'm HOPING to update this regularly, if not every day. I'm hoping to make small posts like "I finished (character)'s sketch today", or if I relaxed or just hung out, maybe say "I unfortunately didn't get anything done today, but tomorrow I plan to do (insert thing I should do here)." every day, even if I don't really have anything to say. That's so that if anyone cares about this little project, is bored, or just curious, can check every day (because when I'm following progress on something, I don't remember to check it if it's not every day).

I [mainly] don't know what I'm doing. So if you know anything about scripting AT ALL, tell me what you know! I'm completely new to all of this. All feedback/ideas are completely accepted, too. I don't know how this blogger/blogspot works... so you can send me a note  at www.cryinglaughter.deviantart.com, or send me an ask/note thing on tumblr at www.omfgcryinglaughter.tumblr.com !

Thank you for your time!

~!~ Milly ~!~

1 comment: